Introducing Repstor affinity Box Outlook integration: save email, attachments and other content directly from Outlook to Box, and access Box content intuitively from within Outlook
Box email integration
The affinity Box Outlook integration provides users with an easy way to store their emails, attachments and other content to Box directly from Microsoft Outlook.
Box appears as a folder location in Outlook, making it easy to drag and drop emails from Outlook into a Box folder: any email filed this way remains fully accessible in Outlook.
Users with multiple folders created in Box, for managing cases or projects, can use the assisted filing functionality provided by the Repstor affinity Quick File tool and optional Repstor assist module. The Quick File tool enables users to locate recent folders quickly and easily, and search for folders by name, minimizing time spent navigating large folder structures. To make search and retrieval easier still, Repstor assist provides suggested filing locations based on the content and properties of the item being stored.
Repstor affinity can be used in conjunction with Box Sync or Box Drive.
Users have the additional benefit of being able to access, save and edit all content via a single, familiar user interface which they already use all the time – Outlook.
Benefits of Box Outlook integration
• Access to Box folder hierarchies directly from within Outlook. Box folders will be visible on the left-hand side of Outlook, providing easy browse, preview and edit access to Box content through the familiar Microsoft Outlook folders interface.
• Drag & drop emails, attachments and other content. Users can capture Outlook emails, .msg files and attachments straight into Box simply by dragging and dropping the item onto the target Box folder in Outlook.
• Quick File functionality. This enables users with multiple Box folders to quickly locate their target folder by browsing recent locations for more targeted searching.
• Assisted filing functionality. The Repstor assist add-on module will suggest the most appropriate filing location for an email being filed, based on contextual analysis of its content.
• Full search capability from within Outlook. Users can easily search, preview and find emails across all folders without leaving or clicking away from Outlook. This capability extends to all synchronized content and filed email attachments.
• No impact on Outlook performance. These intuitive enhancements to productivity are enabled without any degradation to the speed and responsiveness of Outlook.
• Bulk email management. Users can file multiple emails or multiple attachments to a folder quickly and easily.
• Notification of added or updated content. Repstor affinity uses standard read/unread notifications to flag new or updated content, so users can keep track of any changes or additions.
• A user-friendly client. Box content can be accessed intuitively within users’ familiar Outlook environment, so they benefit immediately without the need for special training.