Repstor driveTM – introducing Microsoft® Windows® Explorer® Integration
Repstor drive provides access to any repositories supported by Repstor affinity via Windows Explorer.
Repstor focuses on giving users the choice to manage their content and access their documents via the application of their choice.
With affinity 3.0, Repstor delivers a new Repstor drive module which enables users to access and save content via Windows Explorer. Users are able to save to Repstor affinity in the File->Save dialog, removing the need to move away from the source application in order to add a document to the organization’s repository. Repstor affinity automatically synchronizes any changes back to SharePoint or any other supported content repository.
To encourage users to adopt and utilize the organization’s ECM system, the Repstor drive module delivers the following benefits:
- Provides Windows Explorer access to any repository supported by Repstor affinity.
- Provides users with an easy way to save information from any application to any repository supported by Repstor affinity.
- Content can be added to affinity by Quick Filing or dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer and is then automatically synchronized to the central server.
- Fully supports Explorer search (including all synchronized content and filed email attachments) to find information easily.
- Users can easily edit or export information from any repository supported by Repstor affinity using the Explorer file system.
- The Save As functionality is enabled from Adobe Acrobat and other products to Repstor affinity
- The user experience is delivered, independently of the network. Users have the most up-to-date content at all times.
- Users can add, open and edit documents from a centralized repository while offline.
- Central control of configuration ensures that users see only the most appropriate content and allows users to be alerted to new content as it is created or updated.
- Users are provided with a greater choice of the tools they use to manage their content, encouraging rapid adoption of the technology.